You had me at hello…SIGN ME UP!
We need lots of folks to help make this event a success. If you’re interested in taking on a more significant volunteer role, such as being a team leader or providing technical assistance, please indicate this on the form.
Check out the Maker Faire online training modules at Maker Faire to learn more about the Maker Movement and training.
For the day of the Salt Lake City Mini Maker Faire, we request that you will be available for at least one 4-hour block. We’re happy to work with you and your schedule to ensure you have time to experience the SLC Maker Faire on your own.
We appreciate your contribution to the festival! Please review the following volunteer positions and descriptions.
- Set Up Team — Faire set up and maker load-in
- HQ/Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers, Sponsors, and Volunteers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Ticketing and Wristband Distribution — Sell tickets and exchange pre-purchased tickets for wristbands.
- Greeters — Check for wristbands at entry points and keep beer within the fenced area.
- Maker Assistants — Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Activity Assistant — Support with keeping the area fun and safe
- Workshop Assistants — Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Location Assistants — Help monitor traffic flow and give directions in specific areas.
- Runners/Floaters — Fulfill task-related assignments as directed by the production team
- Information Booths/Safety Waiver Stations— Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations. Assist with acquiring signatures on waivers and distributing safety wristbands.
- Reuse, Recycle & Tidy Team — Monitor recycling and trash stations for Matter Out Of Place (MOOP) throughout the Faire and educate Faire goers about proper disposal.
- Concessions — Beverage sales (TBD)
- Beer Sales & Control — Must be over 21, of course
- Break Down & Load Out Team — Help with traffic control and disassembly for maker departures. Make the Faire disappear
Technical Skills – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special expertise that you would like to volunteer.