You had me at hello…SIGN ME UP!
We need lots of folks to help make this event a success. If you’re interested in taking on a more significant volunteer role, such as being a team leader or providing technical assistance, please indicate this on the form.
Check out the online training modules at Maker Faire to learn more about the Maker Movement and Maker Faire.
- Maker Corps Training — Module 1
- Maker Corps Training — Module 1 assessment
- Maker Corps Training — Module 2
- Maker Corps Training — Module 2 assessment
For the day of the Salt Lake City Mini Maker Faire, we request that you will be available for at least one 2.5 to 3-hour block. We’re happy to work with you and your schedule to ensure you have time to experience the SLC Maker Faire on your own.
We appreciate your contribution to the festival! Please review the following volunteer positions and descriptions.
- Set Up Team — Faire set up and maker load-in
- HQ/Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers, Sponsors, and Volunteers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Ticketing and Greeters— Sell tickets and exchange pre-purchased tickets for wristbands.
- Maker, Activity, Workshop, Demo, and Presentation Assistants — Help makers as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Runners/Floaters — Fulfill task-related assignments as directed by the production team
- Information/Safety Waiver Stations— Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations. Assist with acquiring signatures on waivers and distributing safety wristbands.
- Break Down & Load Out Team — Help with traffic control and disassembly for maker departures. Make the Faire disappear
Technical Skills – please send add comments when you sign up if you have special expertise that you would like to volunteer.